- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Rich, hearty chowder, featuring shrimp and crab.
- 1 c. peeled and diced potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- ¼ c. dry sherry
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) real or imitation crab meat
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp. Minced Onion
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) tiny frozen shrimp, precooked
- 2 c. half and half
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. sliced celery
- 1 tbsp. Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp in Dutch oven. Remove bacon and crumble; set aside. Add mushrooms and celery to bacon drippings. Sauté just until tender. Add minced onions, garlic powder, chicken broth, and potatoes. Simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine water and flour; whisk until smooth. Gradually add to simmering stock, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened.
- Add half and half, pepper, shrimp and crab. Heat through. Add sherry. Garnish each serving with crumbled bacon.