- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
Rich and creamy with a crunchy carmelized topping!
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 10 tsp. brown sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Scald cream using a double boiler, if available.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl. Temper the eggs by mixing 2 tablespoons of hot cream into the yolk mixture. Stir the tempered yolks into the cream. Strain cream and evenly divide the mixture between 5 broil-safe ramekins. Place ramekins in a 1-inch water bath.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set. Remove ramekins from water bath and cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Refrigerate a minimum of one hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle 2 teaspoons brown sugar evenly over each ramekin. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 2 to 5 minutes until sugar is melted. Serve immediately.
For a crunchy topping, use a kitchen torch to brown the topping.