- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Combine two great fall flavors....squash and cranberries.
- 1 tsp. orange peel
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp. pepper, black fine grind
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. butter OR margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in halves, lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil. Place squash, cut side down, in pan and bake for about 40 minutes, until nearly tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl. Portion into squash. Bake 20 minutes or until squash is tender and cranberry sauce is bubbling.